– What’s your story?
I actually received Epilepsy back in 2014 when I fell down a large number of stairs over in Las Vegas. I do not remember Las Vegas at all so actually heard that I was there when in Hospital. I was actually in multiple Hospital’s (below) for over the years of 2014 and 2015:
- UMC – Las Vegas
- Charing Cross – Hammersmith
- Kingston – Hospital
- St Georges – Tooting (headed back to Charing Cross for cranioplasty to fix my skull)
- Queen’s Marys – Roehampton
Once I was out of hospitals, I still visited many different areas to help me get back to work. Some of these can be seen below:
- Richmond – Starting to help me use my left hand after it was damaged
- St Georges (Tooting) – Structuring how to focus properly towards geting back to work
- Freedom Pass – Free travelling around London because of Epilepsy https://goo.gl/eQydba
- Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital –Practising to use my left hand after Bilateral brachial plexus injury C8/T1 with recovery of the right side and partial recovery of the left
– Why are you involved in spreading information about Epilepsy on social media platforms?
While I do not like having Epilepsy and Seizure’s, nobody seems to understand unless they’re actually told.
– What interesting research, tips, recipes, or story can you share with our Epilepsy Community?
Use the Epilepsy Tool Kit on your phone or iPad! It is amazing to help you properly understand seizures and how to list medications
– Dr Hockney (St George’s Hospital, Tooting London)
Polytrauma including TBI 31st August 2014
Traumatic Brain Injury
Thomas had 20 weeks in rehabilitation at the Wolfson Centre (St George’s Tooting) following episodes of polytrauma falling down 51 steps in a hotel in Las Vegas in late August 2014. He suffered a lot of injuries including left subdural haemorrhage, subarachnoid, haemorrhage, acetabular fracture, right superior orbital fracture, right temporal bone fracture, fracture on right C7 and T1 to T3 transverse processes and also developing hydroureter. He was managed initially at Las Vegas and before being repatriated to the UK via Charing Cross Hospital and then Kingston Hospital. He was at Wolfson Centre from December 2014 and was discharged independently mobile with some ongoing cognitive difficulties. I am pleased that since discharged Thomas who is now living back in his flat in London with his friends.
– Useful Links (Epilepsy Society and MyID)